Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall How to: Layering

So, layring is HUGE this fall. I know it's popular every season because the weather turns, but this season it is a look to strive for. I'm obsessed with layering and am so so so very excited to wear my clothing in new ways this fall. Here are some of fool proof tips for layering;

1. Begin with a cinched in silhouette and keep adding. I choose a chiffon polka dot blouse and some skinny jeans. To bring more emphasis to my waist I paired a calf-skin belt with my outfit. Keeping the bottom layer streamlined is important so you don't look too bulky once you add the layers.

2. Choose 1 statement piece to add to your look. I choose my triple strand of pearls in this photo. By only choosing one statement piece it will keep your look focused.

3. Add on a great blazer (and if you didn't choose a necklace as your statement piece add one on here) A great blazer not only keeps you warmer but it also completes the look. I found a fantastic grey, tweed blazer at H&M for $30!!! I've already worn it several times.

4. Add on another accessory. If the weather had been even cooler I would have paired my look with a great scarf. Scarves are such a fantastic way to add layering to an outfit without having to think too much about it. Since the day wasn't terribly cold I simply choose my awesome textured bag from Piperlime and a nude pair of heels. Nude heels make the legs look longer and the bag adds detail without over doing it.

Follow these simple steps and I guarantee you'll fall in the love with the layering trend much like I have!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment